Chaplin Cleanup Day
April 15, 2023 (Saturday)
We live in a wonderful town, that's filled with the natural beauty of forests, fields, rivers, streams, ponds and wildlife—as well as historic buildings and cemeteries. All too often, many of us forget just how interesting and beautiful our town is, and don't do all that we can to help preserve that beauty. If you're like me, you feel disgusted when you're walking or driving down a road in our town and see trash littering the sides of the road, or in our cemeteries, Diana's Pool, or other public spaces. Here's a chance to do something about it!
We have an annual Chaplin Cleanup Day, which takes place on the 3rd Saturday of April each year.
The goal is to have as many individuals, households, and organizations as possible each agree to clean up a section of road or other public area (like Diana's Pool, a cemetery, etc.) within Chaplin. We hope that you will participate, and encourage your friends and neighbors to participate, to help renew this sense of pride and make our town an even better place to live.
How to Participate
- Look at the list of cleanup commitments below, and choose an area not yet taken that you or your family/household/organization are willing to take responsibility for cleaning.
- Email a note to email@example.com with the following:
- ► Your Name(s).
- ► The area you'll be cleaning up (if part of a road, give intersections or house numbers of ends).
- ► (Limited Availability) You can also request to borrow a trash pickup tool or high visibility safety vest (include size of S, M, L, XL, XXL). If you do, please also provide your phone number. You can pick these up outside from my home on Bedlam Rd.
- On or before April 15 perform the cleanup. Plastic trash bags and gloves will be available at the Chaplin Town Hall if you need them. If you come across anything on roads or public land that's too large for you to manage, please let us know, and we'll ask the town to deal with it, if that's appropriate. For the weekend of April 16, a town dump truck will be parked at the Town Hall parking lot, into which you can deposit trash from the cleanup (please do NOT bring any personal trash).
- After the cleanup, send any comments, reports, or photos that you want to share about what you found to firstname.lastname@example.org. These photos will be published on this cleanup web page.
2023 Chaplin Cleanup Commitments (View Map)
|198, from Ridge Rd. to Bedlam Rd.||Micah Gutt & Brenda Lucas|
|Bedlam Rd. from town line to Cemetary||Virginia Walton|
|Bedlam Rd. Cemetery||Chris Komuves|
|Bedlam Rd. from Cemetery to #101||Chris Komuves|
|Bedlam Rd. from 101 to 198||Will & Kelby Hooper|
|Canada Ln.||Pamela Goodrich|
|Chaplin St.||Peter & Jeanette Haines|
|Diana's Pool Rd.||Rebecca Stockdale-Woolley|
|Diana's Pool||Rebecca Stockdale-Woolley|
|England Rd. from 198 to Canada Ln.||Sandra Horning|
|England Rd. from Canada Ln to S. Bear Hill Rd.||Pamela Goodrich|
|Federal Rd. from Tower Hill Rd. to Davis Rd.||Adele & Henry Swart|
|Marcy Rd.||Ann Lewis & Heather Haycock|
|Morey Rd. from 198 to Marcy Rd.||Rusty & Anne Lanzit|
|Natchaug St.||Howard - Cordy Family|
|Nollet Rd.||Kate Mott & Family|
|North Bear Hill Rd. from 198 to Singleton Rd.||Patricia Rice|
|Palmer Rd. from Ridge Rd. to Chaplin St.||Peter & Jeanette Haines|
|Ridge Rd. from Palmer to 198||Bruce Edelman|
|Singleton Rd.||Patricia Rice|
|South Bear Hill Rd. from Canada Ln to England Rd.||Pamela Goodrich|
|South Bear Hill from South Cemetary Rd to Cross Rd.||Jan Stone|
|South Cemetary Rd.||Jan Stone|
|Tower Hill from Davis Rd. to Ridge Rd.||Scott Matthies & Anne Sicilian|
2023 Cleanup Photos(Click on photos to view full size)
Email photos to email@example.com to appear here.